The trees are getting a haircut

As we all know, here in North Carolina it is Autumn and the leaves are falling. They have been for a while. Well, I have more pineneedles and pinecones fall at my house. My daughter has such a vivid and interesting imagination. She says the pineneedles are hair and the cones are pimples. I would have never thought to write that. On the contrary, I watched this movie not long ago call "The Door in the Floor." Well the man in the movie was a children's book writer and he would use little phrases his daughter would come up with. Kids say what they think, yet we would not think of such simple, abstract ways to word things. Children can really show us a different approach, yet they do not even think what they say is so grand. They do not try. They are themselves.

Comments

Popular Posts