"I Take Thee Pencil to Be...."

As a child, I think I chose writing. It was my escape from reality. Because I was not allowed to express my opinion, I wrote them and my feelings in poetry form.  It was therapy to write as a child. I feel it kept me out of trouble from being backhanded or grounded for talking back to my parents.

I continued writing as a grownup as well. Every break-up I went through, or heartache, I  confided in my journal and wrote my pain in stanza form. When I went to college I had no clue what I wanted to do.  I simply wanted to learn. I did not choose school for a degree, I chose it to learn more about myself and to become a better writer.

In the end, well presently, I think writing picked me. Because now, writing chooses me and I have married it with my heart it soul. I can always turn to writing and feel at ease.

Comments

Popular Posts