Listen

Sometimes I sit and listen to the birds and wonder why are they so happy. Perhaps they only know the way to survive, and do not think of death. They sing everyday. When the air is freezing and the wind burns my cheeks...they are happy and I am cold. I suppose we could learn many lessons from the melody of a bird. Even if they are sad, we will never know. All we hear is a song they sing to the world. Perhaps they are meant to serenade us throughout life so when we feel sad, they are always here for us.
When I was in Costa Rica I recorded as many sounds as I could possibly capture. I went from living in a city with noise of manmade life, to the peace of only what nature could give me. Waking up with the salty smell of the ocean only feet away, while the breeze allowed the trees to kindly brush against my window to tell me not to waste my day. I miss the simplicity. I miss the feeling that life should not be so stressful. I suppose we need to stress to appreciate the luxury that we reward ourselves with.
I want to sing like the birds, no matter how cold the air visits. I wonder if they listen to us.

Comments

Popular Posts