Love Just is

I have endured many definitions of love, or at least I thought it was love: puppy love, virgin love, high love, dependant love, obsessed love and drunken love.  Can those really be called love though? I look back and I think what an idiot I was to think they were ever genuine or would amount to anything but failure. One I know was real, but his love was drunk, not mine, and it destroyed what was real to me.
My love is sober now, my heart is sober. It is coherent and knows what it can tolerate and what it will not ever again. I wish I had never loved not so long ago, but now I am who I am because of how I lost it.
I can say I know what being high is and that love is natural, not pharmaceutical. It is not just sex, but romance of the mind and the heart. And if I cannot feel a love in my heart and mind together, I will stay alone.

Comments

Popular Posts