Sleep Deprived

I tend to write when I am either tired, lonely, heartbroken or drunk. I am writing on an hour of sleep after a long night working. My pockets have been slim and my refrigerator bare. Since I made some cash last night I had to buy lunch food for my daughters. I got off at 3 a.m. My mind would not let me rest until half an hour before I had to make a quick trip to the grocery store before my daughter caught her bus. Now six hours later, I still am deprived. On a more pleasant note, I saw a Volkswagen Beetle today and it made me smile. Not only because it was bright like blue cotton candy, but they always remind me of my mother. One because she has always loved the cars and two they look delicate like the giving of my mom's heart. I do not always remember her so delicate when I was a child, but she is so gentle and loving with my children now. I had her as a strict, yet lovable mother, but my children have her as a great friend and grandmother today. I love my mom and it was not for her and her faith, I would stress a lot more than I do today about the small obstacles I come upon. Although I am not well off with money, I am wealthy...I am full of wellness. My mom gave me all I need to know now, survival skills. I know how to manage money, feed my children healthy, give them love and discipline, and to teach them survival skills as well.  My mom always put her children first and I have learned to balance that with time for myself, I will try to sleep. I work again soon.

Comments

Popular Posts