Fading Summer

August is here and the air is crisp like my mom has always called it. The heat does not burn the skin as July heat does, the air leaves a chill on the body. The nights are becoming cooler and the sky becomes bluer. The cloudy, humid air is disappearing. Although the air is fresh, it dampens my soul. I know what is coming, the cold and the sweaters. I love my sunshine when it warms me, not my clothes. A part of my heart breaks when summer leaves me, I miss when summer says goodbye. I shall embrace the colors and change, just as I do with life. Summer and fall are like love. It is hot and cold, but the coolness in between is what makes it all worth it. I will hold you summer in my heart and wait for you again. You always brighten my days and give me warmth to savor until your return.

Comments

Popular Posts