Not Older, Merely Wiser

    Ever since I started dealing with issues as a young child in my own home, I began to write. My secrets lived inside a little box, written in poetic form, only so I would know what they truly meant. I hated English as a child, but I loved to write. It was the only way I could truly say what I needed to say.

    Today, I am not afraid to write nor say what I feel. I will graduate in December with a Bachelors in English, a professional writing certificate and creative writing minor. Studying has helped me express who I am, not just hide in a little box of words anymore. I love to write. It is who I am and will be until I die. I have not had a horrible life, but I do not wish for my children to have to go through things as I did as a child. Every parent wants more for their child than what they had.
     I do not regret, nor wish things any other way than they are now. I lost someone I love very much, but I gained such strength because of him. I am a better person, friend and mother because of the trials I go through and I continue to learn through new ones. I am not perfect and I do not wish to be. If I was, I would have no more room to grow. I would not strive to be a better writer.
    I will probably never be rich, but I want to be happy in what I do, which is to write. I know that if I follow my heart, it will take me exactly where it should be, not where I think it should be. Another lesson I have learned well. Sometimes love is not for someone, it is for something. Mine is for writing and if that is all I ever have anymore in this life, it is all the comfort I need. I wait for nothing anymore, just new ideas and insiprations to add to my years and writing.

Comments

Popular Posts